Thursday, May 23, 2013

Food for Thought

So its been a long time since I wrote. Okay. Agreed. But do we really have to talk about it? You know how all the "experts" keep saying one should focus on the positive and all? Lets do that! And lets hope there will come a day in the near future when I don't have to start a post with an excuse!

Swiftly moving on...

Have you noticed how everything in life is about food? If we're not eating, we're planning what to eat and talking about food. Turns out even when we think we're not talking about food, we actually are! We're constantly eating our words or swallowing our pride or taking everything with a pinch of salt!

Food is everywhere!
In our excuses - "You know how a watched pot never boils"
In grandma's wisdom - An apple a day...
In our gossip sessions - "You know how he is..butter won't melt in his mouth!!"
Even in our tricky situations!! - "Help me.. I am in a soup"!!

So when food is everywhere, how could it not be in my blog post! (Especially with some people constantly "egging" me on to write) Though I am not an expert, I can make a few things - beside bad jokes, sarcastic comments and excel sheets. Here are a few snaps of stuff I've rustled up in the past year or so.... Enjoy!!

Freshly baked brown bread with sesame seeds

Ragda Pattice - Street Food, Mumbai style!

Fully homemade Pizza - Base, sauce and all!



Wholewheat bread with nuts and raisins

Chocolate chip cookies

Burmese Khaosuey

Multigrain Bread

Some kind of Thai soup whose name I have forgotten!


5 comments:

Jukebox said...

Nice post, short and sweet. However, just in this post I disagree with the adage 'a picture is worth thousand words' cos they simply cannot explain how amazing they were to eat. My favourite is khaosuey..and you missed the awesome blueberries and cranberries cookies!
To sum up, good cook, brilliant snapper, quirky and imaginative writer... This post sort of captures all of these nicely...

Swati Sapna said...

Continuing with the food idioms, you have given your readers a lot to 'chew on'! :D Am glad you finally posted about all the good food you make... the cranberry cookies which haven't found a place here, were truly amazing! You shd do a separate post only on the various cookies that come out of your kitchen. Coz after all, thats the way the cookie crumbles :)

Rohini Das said...

Good going. I am surprised how there is no pic of any odiya dish. It's nice to see someone interested in cooking than just eating. Would like to see some more mouthwatering dishes. Next time if possible do add in the recipe for amatures like me.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sneha Sahasrabudhe said...

Finally have another blog to read n watch!! I just get to see the pics... We get to eat other healthy dishes..but this culinary side is rare.. Thankfully, once got to have yummy bread rolls..Thts it! Waiting to have more and reduce weight lol!